Matcha is a form of green tea made by taking tea leaves and grinding them into a green powder. Matcha tea itself is made by whisking the powder and hot water together. This is much different from green tea. Green tea is made by taking tea leaves and infusing them in water, eventually over time the tea leaves are removed completely. With matcha, you’re drinking the whole tea leaves, essentially garnering more nutrients. Matcha is packed with health benefits.
That is right, matcha has a great number of health benefits. Matcha is high in antioxidants, thus preventing your cells from potential damage. More specifically matcha contains the antioxidant catechins, which may help lower blood pressure. Lastly, drinking a cup of matcha daily is shown to have great benefits for strengthening tooth enamel. This is due to the fluoride the plant obtains from the soil.
CDC carries many snacks and beverages that contain matcha. Be sure to stock your break room with these items!
- Chamellia Matcha Green Tea Latte Mix (17.7oz)- SKU 69743
- Goldthread Japanese Matcha Tonic (12oz)- SKU 81984
- ITO EN Matcha Green Tea Traditional (1.05oz, Box of 20)- SKU 65461
- Lavazza A132/48056 Matcha Tea Latte Single Pack (.5oz) – SKU 81244
- Matcha Love Unsweetened Green Tea (5.2oz)- SKU 37627
- Mighty Leaf Organic Matcha Singles (Box of 12)- SKU 69979
- Rebbl Elixir Matcha Latte (12oz)- SKU 76871
- Rishi Everyday Matcha Tea (30g)- SKU 88582
- Rishi Organic Barista Matcha Green Tea Powder Bag (100g)- SKU 65347
- Rishi Organic Sweet Tea Matcha Powder (1kg)- SKU 53549
- Smith Tea Japanese Matcha Green No. 7 (8oz)- SKU 72023
Learn how to make the perfect Match Latte with Rishi here! Matcha waiting for?
Explore CDC’s full product guide here.