In 2013, we sold 102 different K-Cup SKU’s representing 16 different brands.
By category, our sales broke down as 86.2% coffee, 11.6% tea, 2.1% indulgence, and 0.1% over-ice. This breakdown is in line with the year prior, with a slight shift towards more tea and indulgence K-Cups.
By brand, Green Mountain (69.4%) was the top seller, followed by Celestial Seasonings, Coffee People, Twinings, Wolfgang Puck, Starbucks, Newman’s Own, Cafe Escapes, Gloria Jean, Tully’s, Diedrich, Green Mountain Naturals, Caribou, Eight O’Clock, Emeril’s, and Maxwell House. Twinings and Starbucks were our fastest-growing brands versus 2012.
2013 Top Ten Selling K-Cup Coffees and Teas For Keurig Brewers:
- Green Mountain Dark Magic Coffee
- Green Mountain Colombian Fair Trade Select Coffee
- Green Mountain French Roast Coffee
- Green Mountain Breakfast Blend Coffee
- Green Mountain Hazelnut Coffee
- Coffee People Donut Shop Coffee
- Green Mountain French Vanilla Coffee
- Green Mountain Nantucket Blend Coffee
- Celestial Seasonings Green Tea
- Green Mountain Sumatra Coffee
Notable changes from the 2012 top ten list include Colombian moving up to the #2 spot, Nantucket Blend moving up to the #8 spot, and Sumatra cracking the top ten in place of Vermont Country Blend. English Breakfast was the second-best selling tea behind Green Tea.
But Dark Magic once again dominated the charts, accounting for a whopping 9.3% of all K-Cup sales!